Old 28-01-2004, 06:34 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default Gardenia Blossoms

They also like high humidity & regular spraying everyday.They require at
least 4 hours of light a day.Keep soil constantly moist,never allowing it to
dry out,but do not over water.use only soft tepid water.feed once a month
with a acid liquid fertilizer.Hope this helps you find out what it is that
is causing the problem.

--
Thanks Keith
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article ,
writes

I have a healthy-looking gardenia plant which grows well with plenty
of healthy-looking glossy green foliage -
which produces plenty of healthy-looking plump green flower buds.

Can anyone suggest a reason to explain why these buds always fall
off before producing any flowers?

Yes - I tried a gardenia once, with the same result. Then I started
poking around in books and discovered that it flowers in a fairly
restricted temperature range. If it's too hot, the flowers fall off, too
cold, the flowers fall off, temperature fluctuates, the flowrs fall off.

I gave it up as a bad job.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: