Old 28-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Wm...

Default RFD: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:55:24

uk.net.news.config Gary Poston

[urg included in crosspost; suggest it is left in when following up as
unnc is a bit busy for people just wanting to discuss this RFD]

[urg folks should note that anything they say must be crossposted to
unnc for it to "count"]

RATIONALE: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

I have searched to find many allotment web sites and found that if this
group was opened it would allow all allotment (and would be) allotment
holders to to exchange views in one convenient place. This in turn would
give valued exchange of views by every visitor. To also pick up tips and
sometimes tricks into allotment gardening.

This is all already on-topic in urg; I think we need a justification of
why allotment gardening shouldn't continue in urg in the rationale.

CHARTER: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

To discuss allotment issues, planting times, tips on gardening, pest
controls and general allotment posts.

All covered by urg.

As the proponent of the current charter of URG [1] but no longer active
in the group I would be inclined to vote (and argue) against this unless
(and I'd be very surprised if that was the case) the feeling of urg
people was that they didn't want allotment discussion.

I suspect that if this group was created the vast majority of urg people
would stay exactly where they are and Dr Death would find it on his list
fairly soon.

[1] hello urg people, long time no see, hope you are all well.

--
Wm ...