Old 28-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Lifting our forum@

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:21:30 GMT, Janet Baraclough ..
wrote:

from Frogleg contains these words:

The site in question appears to be a digest arranged for those too dim
(or underserved) to check Google or read newsgroups. Google itself
(and others) might be similarly criticized for archiving and
presenting messages 2nd hand.

Google gives usenet posters the choice *not* to be archived there and
honours the "x-no-archive" post header. In addition, those who do appear
in the google archive can request ar any time, to have one or all posts
deleted.

In that case, it would be useful to know if this site is simply a
gateway to Google or one that tracks and abstracts usenet msgs on its
own.

All my post headers are marked x-no-archive,so posts from me don't
appear in google's archive. But they do appear on the website. Therefore
the website is not a portal to google's archive.

Janet