Old 28-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Bob Hobden

Default RFD: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

"Janet wrote in message
REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the following changes
in the uk.* Usenet hierarchy:

create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

Is there a need for one ???? The suggested topics are all discussed in
uk.rec.gardening anyway, (where Gary Poston has never taken part) and
are of equal interest to many gardeners who don't hold an allotment.

As you know, I am an allotment holder, also an allotment site
representative, and I just can't see the need for a separate Ng. Gardening
is gardening, whether it's in a back yard, a huge garden around a house or
on an allotment site. We all learn from each others different experiences.
Just look at some other gardening Ngs, dead in the water.
Suppose it all comes down to, are you a splitter of a lumper, just like the
botanists. I'm a lumper because I think one learns more about more with
input from diverse sources.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
368 data units completed.