Old 29-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Daniel Joyce

Default hard warty bumps

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:20:07 +0000, K Barrett wrote:

Some time ago Diana asked about hard bumps she found on her catts.

I finally found an example of the hard bumps I get on mine.

http://www.orchidtrek.com/thrip.scalea.JPG

http://www.orchidtrek.com/thrip.scaleb.JPG

These "look" like scale or mealies, but they are not. In the picture it
almost looks like you can see antennae, but they aren't.

These do not mash. They are hard like a wart, dug in like a blister in the
flesh of the lip.

snip

K Barrett

One trick that works, if you have only a few on a orchid, is dip a Q-Tip
in rubbing alcohol, and touch the little blighters. They don't like it one
bit, and drop away, where you can pick them up and dispose of them.

-Daniel