Old 29-01-2004, 03:32 AM
MLEBLANCA

Default movie goof

In article , "Shelly"
writes:

Delurking, since your post triggered a thought I had while watching the
movie...the battle scene in the movie starts out with shots of rabbits going
in and out of a warren. I was under the impression that the only species of
rabbit we have in North America that burrows in the pygmy cottontail out in
the Pacific Northwest. Am I mistaken, or was this a goof, too?

-Shelly

Shelly
from A Field Guide to the Mammals by Burt & Grossenheider

Eastern Cottontail: spends day in partially concealed form, burrow in ground..
Eastern US to Montana, Wyo, E. Colo. Southern NM &Az
Mountain Cottontail: similar to E. Cottontail, Mountain states, Great Basin
Desert Cottontail: seeks safety in thickets or burrows
So Mont, Wyo, Colo, W. Tex, Az, NM, So & central valley CA
Pygmy Rabbit: Digs simple burrows, generally 2 or more entrances
N Nev, S. Ida, E Ore, NE Ca
Hope this helps
Emilie