Old 29-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default RFD: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

The message ]
from "Wm..." contains these words:

/sharp slice with mattock/

why a new group is needed. urglers are just
too friendly and tolerant for unnc!

That's us: Nature - green in thought and finger.

Yes, and I am afraid that that attitude, while commendable, may result
(mixing group metaphors again) in a group that will wither shortly after
being planted.

I would like to think that it might attract new contributors.

So the thing for urglers to think about is this: would you read and
post to, actively take part in, the proposed group or would you carry on
much as you do now in urg?

I would see if I thought it worthwhile to subscribe to, and give it a
few months.

If you would take part in the proposed group and think it needs to be
distinct from urg then say so here.

I might take part, but for my part I don't think a subdivision is
necessary. That isn't to say I believe it to be undesirable though.

If you think (as I do) that allotments are covered by urg then say so
too.

Yes. I think urg covers allotments.

No pack drill, no forced planting of dahlias or carrots

HTH -- I will vote with the flow of most urg folks.

My vote hasn't fallen one way or the other - yet.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/