Old 29-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Phisherman

Default Garden chatting

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:45:09 -0500, "madgardener"
wrote:

Hello,
Madgardener here.......just in the mood to chat about gardening. Right now I
am distracted by both the inside plants as well as what the perennials
outside are doing for me.

a lot snipped

madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking a snowy
English Mountain, in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Gosh Mad, you can write a book! I see my daffodils (from bulbs
planted last fall) starting to show and the forsythia are almost in
bloom. The flat-leaf parsley is about the only thing I had good use
throughout the winter months. My pachysandra look about the same as
they were 5 years ago and the only thing I can think is that it is
just too hot of summers here for them. The deer have again chopped my
azalea bushes. I'm looking for a start of seeds of the herb rue (mine
died two years ago) and looking for wild ginger for the wooded area
(do these do well here?)

On the inside my orchid cactus is still in my cool shop asleep for the
winter. My Christmas cactus has been blooming since
mid-December--exceptionally well probably due to placing it outdoors
last summer. My African violets are doping well--I'm using Shultz AF
drops too and the flowers are larger with more color. My cactus
collection is doing very well. Not sure about my aspidistera--I will
transplant it sometime soon.