Old 29-01-2004, 08:02 PM
R M. Watkin

Default Tomato Plants Dying

Hi All,
when you put the fungicide through the trough did you use the same compost
?. as you did not make this very clear. what you should have done is empty
the compost out of the trough. then wash the trough, then sterilise the
trough with something like Jeys Fluid. [ this is a product name, there must
be some thing similar in your area. ]. when you have a clean trough fill it
with new compost and start again. then there is no chance of the disease
being transfered to the new plants. hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

"scyap" wrote in message
Hi,

I planted some tomato plants in a large trough a couple of months ago.
However when they were about 2 feet high they started wilting one by one;
beginning at one end of the trough. Thinking that it may be some
disease/insect/fungi in the soil that was causing the problem I poured
insecticide mixed with fungicide into the trough and let it stand for

about
a month.

Hoping that any disease would be eliminated, I replanted tomatoes in the
same trough recently. However the same problem has occurred and the plants
are dying one by one. It seem quite healthy the day before and wilted the
next day.

Hope someone can enlighten me of the problem and possibly advise a

solution.
Thank You.