Old 29-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Shimpaku Itiogawa juniper

Khaimraj:
It seems to me that after six years you should put them on one slab and
have a nice forest! :-D

Carl

Khaimraj Seepersad wrote:

Hello and Good Day,
Michael,

I think the - from seed - part is when dealing with
a tree/shrub that actually thickens in the trunk.

I keep planting the seeds of the smallest leafed
fukien tea,in the black pine pot[ they actually
germinate there,why I don't know???],but after
6 years and pots the size of say 4 x 4 x 3',actually
a half of a 400 gal.water tank.

I still have PENCIL sized trunks and these shrubs
are at times over 3 to 4' in spread.

So I tell folk I am seriously working on a super
collection of flowering and fruiting mame',chuckle.

Much the same for Sparrow Plums[Sageretia Theesans]
after 11 years plus,and rampant growth 1" is the thickest
trunk I have achieved.Rampant is branches/vines over
14' long.
This shrub also has the special problem of large cuts,say
over 1/2" never healing.The wood rots easily as well,makes
for great compost material.

Now tamarinds,buttonwoods,seagrapes,hah,easy as peas.
Stay Well,
Khaimraj
[West Indies/Caribbean]

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++