Old 29-01-2004, 09:03 PM
magus kent

Default Lighting ... or Correct Me if I am Wrong

Alan Silver wrote in
:

Snippage

Yup, been there. I used to have a bunch of val that propagated and
grew so much that it filled up about one third of my tank. I ripped
out most of them in the end.

Also use a dose of Flora Pride twice a month,

That's interesting. The bottle gives a far higher dosage rate than
that. How much do you add ? Do you do any other fertilisation ?

The Flora Pride I just use the recommended dosage..capful/ten gallons or
whatever it is. That and the laterite is all I use.

snip

Thanx for the info. I'm just working out how best to revive my tank
after some months of neglect and poor growth (see the thread "How do I
rescue my planted tank ?" in this group) and am looking for ideas. I
would like as low maintenance as possible (not due to lack of
interest, more due to lack of time).

A good vacuuming of the gravel and cleaning of the glass..including the
underside of the tank cover...healthy water change...lotta light..maybe
that will be all that it takes? I dunno. Perhaps the plants did use up
some of the macro-nutrients that aren't being replaced by the fish or
fish food. I do not treat my tap water ..no de-ionization/R.O. and have
had good luck so far...m

Ta ra