Old 29-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Bob Scarfe

Default Little outdoor cucumbers?

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...
: Hi,
:
: just back from Cyprus, and they had these lovely small cucumbers.
: Half the size or less than the ones you buy in the supermarkets and nice and
: juicy.
: More the size of the pickled gherkins you see at the chippie.
: Just the right size to eat a whole one with your sarnies.
:
: It is a long time since I tried to grow cucumbers, but ISTR the small
: outdoor ones were ridged.
:
: Are there any outdoor varieties which would produce something similar?
: Smooth, small, tasty?
:
: TIA
: Dave R
:
: --
:
:
:Having served in Cyprus my self so years ago I know just the cucumbers you mean. The closest I've come to them here is
an indoor type called "Pettita". Hope that helps. Bob