Old 29-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Troy

Default international orchid experience?

This is sort of off topic. . .

I finally got my USDA import permit last week. I was thinking that maybe we
could all pool together and get some flasks from taiwan or somewhere else.
It seems that flasks do not have to undergo the same CITES procedures, so
they can travel back on the plane and have a fast walkthrough the USDA
import inspection station.

I'd like everyone's thoughts. My best guess is that it would end up costing
around $250-$300 (US) for a flask with an average of 30 plants. So the cost
is about the same as retail, except that these would be 'exotic.'

Best,
Troy