Old 30-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Dunter Powries

Default rotting moneywort

Dacaprice wrote in message
m...
There are several plants commonly called 'moneywort,' at least one of

which
isn't a true aquatic. One used to grow in my backyard in New England.

You
might try identifying yours in a plant manual (or online at a vendor

site)
and posting it's latin name.

The moneywort in my tank are Bacopa monnieri, if that changes anything
you've said. Thanks for the info!

B. monnieri is a true aquatic, but it has an exceptionally fragile stem.
I'd guess that you're crushing it when you're placing your cuttings. Sound
right?

Most aquatic plants which are propagated by cuttings will do best if each
stem is planted individually, allowing for greater light penetration and
water circulation. B. monnieri is an exception and looks best planted as a
group. So, if you plant it as a group of, say, eight to twelve cuttings,
they may help to support each other. But be GENTLE.

kush