Old 30-01-2004, 01:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Digging a tiny pond to attract wildlife

If you cold periods don't last too long you could make do with a battery
powered aerator. Just go to Walmart's Sporting section where the fishing
(for sport) equipment is. They have them for keeping bait alive. Big
Bubbles are the one's I have in case the power goes out. ~ jan

You could try an Ice Guard, see:

http://www.greenideasltd.co.uk/

We have one in our pond and it seems to work quite well.

John.

Looks interesting. Is this a floating solar heated thing?

No it's not solar powered but relies on its insulating properties. According
to the website it has been tested down to -4F and it rarely gets lower than
that here in Scotland. Frogs certainly like it.

John.

So it is like a little styrofoam house with an aluminum tube? Unless
there is a US distributor I can hardly consider spending roughly $70
on something that one rock throwing child will easily destroy... but
the idea looks interesting -- if it really works. Seems amazing that
it could work down to -4F in the dead of night.