Old 30-01-2004, 02:32 AM
madgardener

Default Garden chatting

if yer serious about swapping, holler at me e-mail so I can holler back
proper. I have quite a bit in me constipated fairy beds...............
maddie (no I haven't had time lately to go to the UT trial beds work
tends to do that to me~)
"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:59:12 -0500, "madgardener"
wrote:

snip

You have an aspidistera? where'd you find it? g not that I need

another

I bought it about 1993 in Knoxville at a greenhouse off of Kingston
Pike near a Krispy Creme shop. It went out of business and I happened
to be there and spotted the cast iron plant. It is still in its
original 2-gallon pot! Not too many places have them and they grow so
slowly. Kind of an ugly plant, but somehow it has become my "pet."
Maybe someday I'll find a variegated variety.

don't you love the "secret" shipment of Weapons of mass distruction grade
plutonium they just got from Libia the other day? Secret?? yeah, when
everyone knows about it.......bet the security level in Oak Ridge is

higher
than orange right now..................kinda glad I live over east of you
sometimes GBSEG

I'm just a stone's throw from the Y-12 plant. Sometime it give me the
willies when they test the sirens the first Wednesday of the
month--and I *know* what they have over there! I moved here (OR)
partly due to my college chemistry, but since things in OR have
changed. Have you ever been to the UT Arboretum? Nice place. I
hike there 4-5 times a week, mostly for regular exercise, and the
plants are worth seeing at any season.

keep in touch, I'll hunt for that rue. maybe sometime I can hook up with

you
with some plant sharings when I got to Farragut to see Mary

maddie

Yes. maybe we can trade some plants. I'm growing more herbs lately
and have plenty houseplants. I have a climbing roses, clematis
trellis, wooded garden, shade garden, vegetable garden, and frog pond.

Phish