Old 30-01-2004, 06:04 AM
J Fortuna

Default Who We Are (revisited)

Wendy the Mysterious,

Do you think that by responding to this thread, and flattering me about my
searching skills, and making claims about "just about everyone" having
responded to this inquiry before in ABPO (which is not archived and thus
cannot be checked), you can escape notice that you did not really introduce
yourself here? grin

Well, your lack of introduction did not escape my notice ... at least not
for long. Did the "just about everyone" in ABPO replies include you, or is
Wendy's orchid background a secret? I looked in the thread that had
originally got my attention, and sure enough your post to this thread is
enigmatic as well
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm....occa.home.com
:-)

Even if you have responded to this type of inquiry in the past, maybe
something has changed in the meantime? a new greatest achievement perhaps?

Joanna the Nosy

"Wendy" wrote in message
Hi Joanna, I am truly impressed with your searching abilities.
I tried to do one on Google but I get nothing?
Kye started this in ABPO & just about everyone in the group replied.
Do you use the 'advanced search' feature?
What do you type in other than the News Group.
--
Cheers Wendy (who is not a puter guru)
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
: Hey, I just located this thread from November 2001
:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ptusnet.com.au
: Kye had this idea of asking rgo'ers to introduce themselves a bit. I

think
: this might be worthwhile to revisit with current posters (and any

lurkers
: who wish to participate).
:
: Here are Kye's questions and my answers:
:
: Who am I and What Is My Gender?
:
: Joanna, guess
:
: Where am I? Where do I grow?
:
: Alexandria, Virginia (Washington DC area, USA) -- new US Citizen :-)
: Windowsills and shelves of one and a half bedroom apartment

(northern
: exposure with supplemental grow lights)
:
: What do I grow?
:
: 11 Phals/Dtps + 1 cochleanthes amazonica
:
: The decade of my age?
:
: 30s
:
: How long have I been growing orchids?
:
: It will be 3 years in 2003. Got my first orchid as a wedding gift --
: probably would not have gotten as hooked into the hobby if I had not
: accidentally decapitated it a couple of weeks later. Remorse was a

strong
: initial driver. Then a keiki. Then reblooming. And then I became an
addict.
: I am beginning to feel the craving again ... DC Orchid Fair next

weekend,
: perfect timing!
:
: My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?
:
: Getting 5 of my orchids to rebloom or initiate spike under my care

so
: far, and those that I have had long enough, have rebloomed more than

once.
: :-)
:
: Miscellanious Info...
:
: I am a Web application developer, working as a contractor for the
: federal government (they closed 3 hours early today because of

snow/ice).
: tend to get really excited by whatever my main passion of the
: hour/day/month/year/decade is (orchids, crocheting, reading, Web
searching,
: etc.).
:
: