Old 30-01-2004, 06:32 AM

Default Dwarf fruit in containers

I dwarf fruit trees in 100 gallon rubbermaids ... they are doing fine.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/MOH/orchard/orchard.html but I think 50 gallons is still
going to be hell to move unless you build boxes with big wheels.
actually, dwarf fruit trees bear the second year after they are planted. moving them
and replanting will set em back by that much. so go with patio super dwarf
nectarines that you will keep in big pots, but have someplace to move em in for
winter. Ingrid

(Thalocean2) wrote:

I know this subject has been done to death but I couldn't find answers to my
questions in searches.

Has anyone in zone 5ish been successful at keeping dwarf fruit in containers
that hold less than 50 gallons? Have the containers wintered well outside?
Did moving the trees hurt them?

I'm living in a temporary situation for the next 2 years and have lots of porch
space. I thought now would be a good time to get some fruit trees started to
be moved to my permanant home later but the containers need to be small enough
for me to be able to move with a dolly.

Thanks
Laura B
LauraATwhoeverDOTcom