Old 30-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Cereus-validus

Default Japanese gardening

How Zen that is!!!

D Kat wrote in message
et...
cute ... however In my opinion there is no reason that the qualities of

Japanese garden cannot be applied to any garden. Simplicity, white space

as
important as foreground, etc. There are a great many books on the topic

and
many sites.

http://www.jgarden.org/
http://www.ifa.de/garden-japan-2000/einsel.htm
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2099.html

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
m...
A true Japanese garden is one tended to by a Japanese gardener!!!!

Anything else is just an occidental looking for a place to happen.

Michael Palmer wrote in message
om...
I've been lurking for a bit now. This is a very informative
newsgroup. I have a question that I hope can be answered. What is it
that makes a "Japanese Garden" a true Japanese garden? There seems to
be many interpretations out there. Any sites to recommend me to with
pics? Thanks everyone.
Michael