Old 30-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Cereus-validus

Default vegatables when to plant?

Agreed.

This is the best time of the year to grow your own frozen vegetables!!!!!

gregpresley wrote in message
I would think that right now (if the ice storm has passed) would be a

great
time in South Carolina to plant cabbages, broccoli, peas, radishes, and
other cool weather crops. After all, you want them to be ripe before the
hot, humid weather strikes in May - so they'll have half of February to
germinate, and March and April to ripen.
wrote in message
Hello, I live in the low country of S.C. zone 8 .I want to

start
garden from seed. I tilled up a spot 5' x 20' used 1"x4"to for frame

with
raised rige 1"6" tall down the middle. Isowed the seed watered it in and
covered with 6mil. plastic.
Is this a hot bed and is it too sone? It was cool season seed i
sowed. I would be gratful for any feed back or links.
Thank You, Whikyjoe