Old 30-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] German-speaking list people, I need your help

Although not a German-speaker, I have one redeeming quality: I know an entomologist. I sent him your question and he replied:

"Well, probably the nicest book I have seen, which mainly covers
pests of ornamentals, is A Color Atlas of Pests of Ornamental Trees,
Shrubs and Flowers, by David Alford. What it lacks in breadth it
more than compensates in the stunningly good photos. Really
first-class. This is a Brit. book, but lots of other European spp. I
don't know offhand if there is a good general entomology text like
our favorite here (Borror) auf Deutsch oder Englisch (vielleicht),
but for learning the trade the US book is a very good one no matter
where you live."

Dear German-speaking list people,

as you maybe know the IBC website is currently under translation, and I'm
working on Jim Lewis' articles. He recommends insect books which are great
for North America, but don't help us much over here in Europe. The bugs just
aren't the same.
Do you have any books on insect identification you find helpful and would like
to recommend?

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++