Old 30-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Wendy

Default Who We Are (revisited)

For Sherlock! *g*

Who am I and What Is My Gender?
Wendy. (My Mom named me from the book Peter Pan & Wendy.)

Where am I?
Live in S. Calif. half way between LA & San Diego, about 8 miles inland.
Zone 9/10

Where do I grow?
Back yard, covered patio, two small greenhouses, an old boat house &
want to
convert the redwood spa house into a g/h!

What do I grow?
A lot of almost everything!

The decade of my age?
The sixth.

How long have I been growing orchids?
10 years.

My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?
Bringing them back from the dead & growing back ends.

Miscellanious Info:-
I was born in S.Africa & raised in Rhodesia where
I met my husband. We immigrated to this wonderful country
in 1969.
Needed something to do when I retired, so took up gardening.
In 1994, I had 3 orchids, 2 dens & a phal, now have about 2000 orchid
plants.
Most of them were from various people's collections & back ends from my
mentor.
I went from 3 to 53 in one week! (Cymbidiums that were in dire need of TLC)

I love orchids!
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply