Old 30-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Training Black Pine was growth retardant

Hopefully Brent or someone else with actual experience will answer this (or
correct me so that I don't kill a branch this spring)....

My understanding is that you can cut a healthy pine at ^b. As long as there
are green needles remaining, the branch can be cut and will produce buds -
there is always the hope (possibility) that you will get some dormant buds
to pop in the ^c area as well.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

snip

---*----*----*

^c ^b ^a
OK if the above is a pine branch and you are reading
right to left, with the right * being the tip, can you
cut only before the second node (represented by the *
and ^a )or can you actually cut at ^b if you have
needles below? I take it that cutting at ^c probably
will kill the branch unless there were needles below
that.

Kitsune Miko

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++