Old 30-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Mel

Default Cotoneaster Horizontalis

"Janet Baraclough .." wrote in
message
My cotoneaster horizontalis, because of severe neglect, has gone
wild and needs pruning hard.

right back to ground level - one stump only left which I couldn't get

out.
Damned thing sprouted right back next year!

If this easy, handsome, foolproof plant had a better publicity agent,
s/he'd tell the world it's a rare and exclusive indicator of gardeners'
good taste and skill. Then it might receive the appreciation and
admiration it richly deserves :-)

I agree. It's a lovely shrub. Its leaves appear very early, attracts bees
better than anything else, gorgeous berries, fiery red autumn colour, and
laughs at any amount of neglect.