Old 31-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Ray

Default rgo history? a list of names and dates

Al,

You obviously need more to occupy your time!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Al" wrote in message
A search on google of
'rec.gardens.orchids" charter
produced this link:

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It's a long link but on it you can find the 'pre-history' of rgo.
Important dates include
the proposal to create it by Robert Hill and the charter (Thu Mar 31 1994)

The final call to vote which passed (219 yes to 31 no) and thereby brought
rgo into being on it's first university occurred Tue May 31 1994)

The list of who voted and how they voted can be found here. I recognize

two
names immediately, Rob Halgren and Peter Lin and a few others on closer
inspection. Interesting reading for those who can't sleep...

The oldest thread I can find in rgo's archive on google is dated jun 10th
1994
Rob Halgren contributed to this thread on June 11 1994

Rod C Venger/Venger's Orchids first post was apparently Sept 8 1994

Aaron Hicks' first post I can find is nov 23rd 1994

Ray's first thread seems to be Dec 30th 1994

K Barrett, 10/11/96

Kenni Judd, 10/22/96

WNeptune, 05/06/97

Mick AKA HBI, 06/19/97

Tennis, 8/22/97

My first post seems to have been Sept 28th 1997. I'm just baby.

profpam, Feb 10th 1999

there are more but I'm keeping them to myself

Al
a search engine is a terrrible thing to waste...

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Having just accidentally made a fool of myself by not realizing that Rob
Halgren has been part of rgo since the very beginning of its history

(see

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...u.edu&rnum=183),
I thought that maybe it is time for a humble request:

Could those of you, who have been around rgo for a while, please share

with
those of us, who like me know very little about its history, something

about
how rgo was started, who has been around for like forever, who isn't

around
anymore but you wish they were + any stories that are especially

memorable
from rgo history, anything you would advise us to look for in the

archives
perhaps? For example: I once spent an entire evening ROFL while reading

selection of the threads that Mick Fournier has been involved in over

time.

Thanks -- and sorry to be too ignorant and too talkative at times

Joanna