Old 31-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Gary Poston

Default RFD: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

Repeat Post--

Hello Everyone,
I do hope that this message gets out to you all as my ISP seems to be
getting a few problems at the moment.

I've been lurking on urg for sometime and see a need for an Allotment group
forming.
I can't yet see a valid explanation why the RFD uk.rec.gardens.allotments
can't be formed. (Unless for administration purposes)
uk.rec.gardens.allotments is an idea from my good self for Allotment holders
to share in the ideas and plans into what is expected to be planted at
different times of the year, (newbie's) also, allotments are not just a
general "back garden" affair as you all well know.
Basically it's a "Corner of the room" (as someone already pointed out) so we
can talk just about anything on "Allotments". For example, Local Meetings,
Annual General Meetings and Local Allotment Functions or just a get together
at the local public house. Yes, we will indeed may well talk about "Seeds"
Planting Methods" "Greenhouse's" but this will be our little corner of the
room to do so.
I don't see why you would persist to object to this new group forming. It's
not going to take away people from urg. After all it's a free country
I'm not sure if I could stop "cross posting" unless I do make amendments to
my charter. However I still won't be able to stop this if people persist in
doing so.

Thank you to all those that would support such a group and hope that this
group can be formed in the not to distant future.

I'm sure we could come to some agreement on this and to iron out any
problems that it may or may not cause.

Regards

Gary Poston
Proponent: uk.rec.gardening.allotments