Old 31-01-2004, 02:02 AM
magus kent

Default Lighting ... or Correct Me if I am Wrong

wrote in :

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:07:22 -0000, magus kent
wrote:

Magnus

The placement of your comments confuses me. Are you saying my current
setup of two 40watt 48" bulbs gives me 80 watts and your four 55 watt
setup gives you only 110 watts?

If so, you seem to suggest that my logic was correct. True?

Thanks

I work third shift so sometimes my early AM posts show a brain
desperately in need of sleep. My fixture (four 55 watt lamps) is for a
total tank wattage of 220 watts. Your two 40 watt fixture yields a total
of 80 watts for the tank. This is discounting any differences such as
I've heard that compact fluors are twice as bright per watt as standard
fluors. All I know is that it does put out a lot of light. And one
thing I haven't mentioned is that the lamps I'm using are at 6500K which
is fairly close to what the plants need (5700K)..m