Old 31-01-2004, 03:08 AM
Chevguy

Default Lucky Bamboozle

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 02:08:15 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

As long as there are naive Americans that are too generous with their

credit
cards, there will always be swindlers out there willing to take their
money!!!

The so-called "Lucky Bamboo" is probably the best scam to come out of
Thailand in years. Best of all, it's perfectly legal. They take a noxious
weedy shrub introduced from Africa (Dracaena sanderiana) and pass it off

as
a plant with alleged magical properties and a phony Oriental tradition.

The
damn thing is no more Oriental than is the fortune cookie and chop suey.

http://www.lucky-bamboo.com/

But it's a very interesting houseplant. :-) And no more venal than
palm-reading or psychic hot-lines. Less so, in that you *do* get an
actual plant to enjoy for a while. If people want to believe in lucky
charms or horoscopes, there's little you can do to un-convince them.

The OP, in fact, didn't say he expected it to change his life. Just
that he had a plant he wanted to keep alive and growing.

Even sea monkeys provide amusement. :-)

let's not forget the pet rock.

I am just jealous I didn't think of it first.