Old 31-01-2004, 03:16 AM
Doug Bolton

Default Fogger?

I'm interested in this as I've found home humidifiers to be problematic.
I'm growing in an upstairs 6x10 foot room using a ceiling fan and 2 oscillating
tabletop fans on the floor. Also a ceramic heater in the winter to maintain a
daytime 79/81°F temp.

I've found the cool mist wicks dry out too fast and end up doing no wiking.

The warm mist ones are better but I think add to the heat problem (has got to
95+, I think the Coryanthes like that but others don't) in the summer and
deteriorate as they're only made to be on a couple of hours a day and not 12.
As I've got the windows open in the summer and dry heat in the winter I really
need to humidify in both those seasons. Less so in the spring and fall as
ambient temps with the hid on are kinder.

So I've considered this solution. Would use their (mainlandmart) 5 mister unit
in a tub with the floatation device to maintain water depth over the mister.
This one's suppose to do .5 litre per hour. This isn't a lot. The other 5 mister
unit at 1.5 may be too much. I was wondering if the mist would make it out of
the tub as the water level sank. Perhaps the ceiling fan would blow it out. Also
really don't need pooling water indoors. Hoping the fans would help with this
too. It is quite breezy in there.

Doug Bolton

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:52:37 -0700, "molli" wrote:

I wound up going back to my cool mist humidifier. All the fogger did was
make a puddle under the bowl! I didnt' notice it raised the humidity that
much, unless it was in the fishtank with my masds..wich interestingly enough
kept them too wet and they all died....I'm no expert here mind you, but
that's the experience I had with it. IF you want to fiddle with one..try
mainlandmart.com they have foggers for $25 you supply the bowl.