Old 31-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Default "exotic" trees for North America?

That's great but bananas and Amorphophallus aren't trees.

Darren Garrison wrote in message
On 30 Jan 2004 14:48:19 GMT, (Iris Cohen) wrote:

a hardy banana plant which might grow there. The palmetto may be too

common for

Thanks for the tips, I'm probably going to pick up some of these (Musa

basjoo).

Another point to consider is that exotic trees grown outside of their

native
area have a tendency to become noxious weeds, like tamarisks, Casuarina,
Chinaberry, Meleleuca, Lantana, etc. Don't plant anything like that,

Yeah, in looking into the hardyness of Amorphophallus sp. (I wanted a

titanium, darn it) I came
across an interesting unusual vine called an "air patato". Then saw

horror stories about what it
can do to an area.