Old 31-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Rod

Default Electric heaters revisited

Janet Tweedy wrote:

No, the thermostats isn't included in the price Rod. The web site says

"This Special Offer Price Of £210.00 (saving £8.95) For A Bio Arizona
2.8KW Heater is available until 29th March 2004 only or whilst stocks
last."
but then spoils it by saying in the text.....
"For accurate temperature control a remote electrical thermostat is
used"

The thermostat is dearer than the heater!

janet

I'm sure you've got hold of the wrong end of the stick Janet.
This is pasted from the heading of the heater info.
'Bio Arizona 2.8KW Electric Fan Heater
?remote electronic thermostat for accurate temperature sensing'

I'd be amazed and disapointed if it didn't come complete.

There's also a few other decent looking thermostat offerings on that site that
ought to do a reasonable job with one of the cheapo heaters but you only get
the tighter control the electronic ones. Tight control is imho essential if
you're keeping your temps close to the lower margin for frost damage. Can't
remember where I got the figure from but I was told many years ago that as a
very rough approximation each increase of 5 centigrade degrees roughly doubles
your energy costs. So if you have to widen your safety margin for an innacurate
thermostat it's costing you money every day - not just on the day you buy it.
Just my 2p worth.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html