Old 31-01-2004, 03:32 PM
martin

Default Climbers from Seed

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:49:40 -0000, "Mel" wrote:

My newish fence desperately needs to be clothed in greenery. I've planted
hardy wall shrubs such as pyracantha, quince, ceonanthus, jasmine,
passiflora and clematis, but they're all still far too small to hide the
fence.

So, in the meantime I want mega-fast-growing plants to cover the fence this
year.

I'll be growing the plants from seeds, so I don't mind if they're annual. I
prefer pink, purple or blue flowery things.

I've chosen some fairly unusual, tender seeds, so can anyone tell me if
these plants will (a) cover my fence this year and (b) even grow here in NW
England?

Rhodochiton
Billardiera
Akebia
Asarina
Eccremocarpus
Cobaea
Ipomea

Or any other recommendations for mega-fast, cover-the-fence-this-summer
climbers?

Government surplus camouflage netting.
--
Martin