Old 31-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Homie

Default Lighting ... or Correct Me if I am Wrong

Thanks...

Can I pick your brain for one more thing? I am wondering why all-glass
chose to use 32watt bulbs (T8) and not 40watt bulbs (T12) in their
setup. There is little gain for me to buy 3 bulb 96watt setup over my
current 2 bulb 80watt setup. If, however, I could get a triple tube
40watt setup, this would be worthwhile. Any thoughts as to why this
might be the case?

Also, have you (or anyone) heard of 40watt T8 bulbs available?

I can empathize 3rd shift. I used to do security at a hotel
overnight while in college... no easy task at all... does powerful
things to the body and mind.

magus kent wrote in message ...
wrote in :

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:07:22 -0000, magus kent
wrote:

Magnus

The placement of your comments confuses me. Are you saying my current
setup of two 40watt 48" bulbs gives me 80 watts and your four 55 watt
setup gives you only 110 watts?

If so, you seem to suggest that my logic was correct. True?

Thanks

I work third shift so sometimes my early AM posts show a brain
desperately in need of sleep. My fixture (four 55 watt lamps) is for a
total tank wattage of 220 watts. Your two 40 watt fixture yields a total
of 80 watts for the tank. This is discounting any differences such as
I've heard that compact fluors are twice as bright per watt as standard
fluors. All I know is that it does put out a lot of light. And one
thing I haven't mentioned is that the lamps I'm using are at 6500K which
is fairly close to what the plants need (5700K)..m