Old 31-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Dataminder

Default English Roses?

Larry Blanchard wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...
nterestingly, I planted two rows of Therese Bugnets my first year in
the house and what wasn't killed by winter failed to thrive the next
summer. I ditched the supposedly hardy roses and replaced them with
Rugosas,

But I thought Therese Bugnet was a rugosa. Am I wrong?

BTW, I have a Marie Bugnet that's one of my favorites. A little bush
just covered with white flowers most of the year. First to bloom and
last to quit - it's still budding furiously when we get our first freeze.

Should have been more precise. Yes, Bugnet is a rugosa but the ones I
planted were a huge disappointment and I have no idea why as they came
from one of my usual growers whose roses are superb. Their
replacements were 20 rugosa rubras and they have been magnificent.
Hardy or not, you can't tell for sure until you've got it in the
ground in your local conditions.