Old 31-01-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Under the Ice: Pictures

The camera is a true waterproof color/black and white camera, with IR
illuminators. Purchased from Supercircuits for about $130:

http://www.supercircuits.com/STORE/p...=11&mi tem=41

I buried an extra conduit from the power post by my pond to the house
and ran coax video cable to my computer in my basement office. I use a
Hauppauge WinTV video capture card (about $49 at Circuit City) to
capture the video from the camera. I then use WebCam32 (from
www.surveyor.com for $40) to save still images locally (like a
security camera), FTP upload an image every 15 seconds to a webpage,
and act as a live webserver (so I can remotely view live streaming
video).

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:59:39 GMT, wrote:

OK.. I dont have the details on this camera setup. please post again. Ingrid

" wrote:

Two years ago I added a web cam to my pond, so I can enjoy it from my
office. I move the camera around; under water, above water - looking
at the waterfall, etc. This winter I decided to leave the camera
underwater. I thought it would be interesting to see what life is like
for the fish under the ice, during our New England winter. I posted a
couple of pictures captured from the web cam for those interested:

http://pages.cthome.net/mcclure/

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com