Old 03-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Cattleya blooming

It probably would have bloomed anyway, but I think many plants do that just
so they can instill some sense of concern in their owners, out of fear that
the repotting will cause the buds to blast. Sort of an orchids' practical
joke.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"jim" wrote in message
I have a LC Irene Finney which I bought in bloom last spring. It had
a grown a new pseudobulb with sheath but for 2 or 3 months never
showed any signs of blooming. Then lots of root growth started and I
decided to repot it as it was in a clay pot with the last bulb right
up at the edge (and low in the pot) and I was afraid the next bulb
might get stymied trying to grow. Within 2 weeks of repotting, buds
are visible growing in the sheath.

So the question is... would it have bloomed anyway or did the
repotting shock it into action??