Old 31-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Newbie: Slug problem

"Dave Moore" wrote in message
This is my first posting to this group, and I do so on behalf of my wife a
new and inexperienced enthusiast of gardening.

Karen has noticed a profusion of tiny slugs appearing to come from beneath

small area of timber decking and recalled having to deal with a large

number
of gi-normous ones during the end of last summer.

Can anyone give some advice as to how to deal with the problem?

There are a myriad of hints and tips for dealing with a slug problem. None
of them work reliably. The only treatment which I have found to actually
deal with the problem is to scatter metaldehyde crumbs (ordinary common or
garden slug killer) near where the damage is being done.

Franz