Old 31-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Ricky

Default rooting hormone

"WiGard" wrote in message
news
I am presently using Rootone powder for propagation.

Are there better choices? At one nursery where I worked, Dip-n-Grow was
the choice.

It all depends on what you are rooting. Many plants will root just fine
without it and many plants will develop a fungus from it's use. Most "quick
stick" plants should never have it. "Quick Stick", by the way, means that
you can usually just stick a growing piece of limb or trunk in moist soil
and have it root. The Euphorbiacea are a prime example, most of your
succulents as well will not work with rooting hormones.