Old 01-02-2004, 03:40 AM
chaz

Default air plant - HELP PLEASE

"Ricky" wrote in message
"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...

Would the air plant do ok just hanging on its own from a string near
sunlight (via window)?

Mine is not growing, seems to be dying in fact. I realize its not a
soil-base plant, just wanted to know anything I can about caring for it.

Probably not. Even though it's an air plant, it still needs moisture to
live. You could hang it on a string but you'd need to mist it once a week
and add some liquid fertilizer to the mist several times a year.

OK, but how does tying it to a piece of driftwood, or anything for that
matter, help the plant? I have had it in a vase sort of dish for about 8
months now.

chaz