Old 01-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] Serissa dying - help!

Leaves have been burned out by acids from soap and incandescence bulbs
if you can make a Cold shelter like a Cardboard box put it inside
and cover with Transparent plastic to make a sort of show window case
Serissa should live actually between -5 to+ 14 ° Celsius degress no
more in the winther time I mean -- Put the pot inside a box filled
with peat to protect from hard winter cold or if she has lost most of
leaves you can put it even in a dark cold room like a garage or in the
basement
keep the soil moist but not soggy
will sprout again
Theo

Jim wrote:

I am in Canada. The diswasher soap that was sprayed was Dawn. There
is very little sunlight here during winter hence the grow light. The
question is what is causing the leaves to burn and turn brown and even
black? Thanks.

On 30 Jan 2004 19:44:40 -0800, (Corcoran. Bil)
wrote:

hi...

First off don't take it personally. I'm no expert but I've been doing
this a few years and I've had a little Serissa experience. I've heard
everything from they're easy to they're impossible. Personally I've had
three with two still being alive. The third was the nicest (of course)
and one day out of nowhere sections of the tree dried up and died until
it was all gone. From my standpoint if you look at them wrong they die.
Seriously if you are not overwatering it should be ok. The two I still
have sometimes will drop a third of their leaves for no apparent reason.
There may be better advice out here but I would not do anything radical
until you see what happens next. I would not spray it again until it
stabilizes or has an insect problem. What exactly was the "dishwasher
solution"? If was just dish soap and water it should be no problem.
Serissa seem to not like change so I tend not to move them very much .
I use natural light so I can't help much with the lighting portions. In
my experience it will either fix itself or die outright no matter what
you do. Hang in there and do not do anything radical. It would help
here to know what part of the country you are from.

Hope this helps a little.

wmcorcor

--
EU Zone 7 GE (CH)