Old 01-02-2004, 11:37 AM
martin

Default Allotments and thieves/vandals?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 11:20:37 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

How *are* allotments protected/restricted? I've never seen an
arrangement with huts and semi-permanent participation (in the US).
There are a few "community gardens" locally. One experiment in an
'inner city' area was completely vandalized about halfway through the
growing season. My own plot (20'x40') was on a gov't site (NASA)

Our plot 10x10 metres is on an ESA site, three wheel barrows that
disappeared were recovered from builders working on the site.

and
out of reach of most yobbos. Large tools (tillers) were kept in a shed
with a lock all members of the 'garden club' had the combination to.
Hose(pipe)s, sprinklers, and small tools were left undisturbed. The
occasional pumpkin or tomato *would* disappear overnight, of course.

So what are the usual arrangements to prevent theft and vandalism?

--
Martin