Old 01-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Ricky

Default air plant - HELP PLEASE

"Frogleg" wrote in message

Welcome, welcome Ricky! Can't beat expertise AND patience. :-) I've
never kept an "air plant," but I have a feeling humidity would be a
factor you might never consider mentioning in S. Florida. Misting, of
course, will compensate for the lack, but many US indoor environments
are positively crispy in winter with the furnace (a big box fueled by
paper money) blasting.

Yeah, I dealt with the big furnace for 44 years in NJ. You can get a
humidifier that will keep the air moist and eventually rot away the furnace
or you can move to Florida. The difference is the location of your plants.
Our last house in NJ had over 100 indoor plants including a Washingtonia
palm that is now in the ground here in Boca Raton. I grew Crotons in the
livingroom and Habenero peppers in the kitchen up north. But the humidifier
took it's toll on the furnace. We replaced the last one twice in 12 years.
Here in S. Florida I only have two hanging Pothos in the bedroom, everything
else is outside.

I'll put some updated pictures of the garden on my website as soon as the
rain stops.