Old 01-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Ka30P

Default Bog/Veggie filter ?

Hi Lucy,

We route our water through a 150 gallon
stock tank. Goes in at the bottom, flows up,
out the top, thru holes my DH drilled, four large
ones with pipes in them and then down our waterfall.
In the top I float water hyacinths. I keep a waterproof rope around them that
threads thru small holes in the side to keep them from blocking the outflow.
They really grow and take off in there.
They will get three feet high and have huge leaves so they are slurping up
their share of fish nutrients!

I have tried hanging water plant baskets over the sides filled with watercress
but the mice ate it all!
I also filled light grid with watercress stems and that really took off and
worked great until the labradors decided to walk all over it and cracked it all
up.

kathy :-)