Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
martin

Default The weather and so MUCH of it!

On 1 Feb 2004 15:38:09 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
martin wrote:
On 1 Feb 2004 10:09:41 GMT,
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
martin wrote:
On 31 Jan 2004 20:40:57 GMT,
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

We have had negligible wind, and it has been fairly warm (-4 Celcius),
but there were a couple of days with treacherous travelling conditions.
Cambridge is, however, in the lee of almost every hill the south of
the UK possesses.

It's 5DegC and the wind is 20-30 knots, where you are at the moment.

You could have fooled me. 5 Celcius, yes, but only 15-20 knots.

I omitted the link that I quoted.

http://theyr.net/cg/cny/I189490/F=js...NS*engl_London

set to Norwich.

Fine, but Norwich is a LOT more exposed than Cambridge to winds from
several directions.

I looked at the map, not at Norwich specifically.

Why did you think it was -4DegC?

Please reread what I said! I said "has been" - that was the coldest
it reached over the past week, according to my fairly accurate
max-min thermometer.

Others were talking about current weather, not what happened earlier
in the week. Hence the confusion.
--
Martin