Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default The weather and so MUCH of it!

In article ,
martin wrote:

Fine, but Norwich is a LOT more exposed than Cambridge to winds from
several directions.

I looked at the map, not at Norwich specifically.

Ah. Now, if you had said that the MAP said it was 25-30 knots, then
I wouldn't have disputed your statement! But you said that it WAS
25-30 knots, and it assuredly wasn't (nor had been).

Why did you think it was -4DegC?

Please reread what I said! I said "has been" - that was the coldest
it reached over the past week, according to my fairly accurate
max-min thermometer.

Others were talking about current weather, not what happened earlier
in the week. Hence the confusion.

Yes. I should have made it clearer. I am too prone to rely on tenses
alone to convey subtleties! As not everyone does that, it causes quite
a lot of confusion :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.