Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Mel

Default Foxgloves

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
I grew foxgloves from seeds and planted them out last autumn. They're
plodding along reasonably well, but there's mottled leaf damage on every
plant that look very much like spider mite damage.

Not here, for certain. I wouldn't worry about it, because a lot of
biennials lose their leaves or look very tatty over the winter, and
VERY few such pests are active in the cold.

Thanks, Nick. If it's not pest damage then I think it might be a virus of
some kind. Every leaf on every plant is covered with pale, pinprick
mottling. Oh well, I'll wait and see what happens.

Regards