Old 01-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Gardening club - activity ideas needed!!!

"Jane wrote in message ...
We are in the process of bringing our local 'Horticultural Society' into
the twenty first century and are looking for ideas for activities that
might attract the younger inhabitants of our village.

Without being rude, please, does anyone have any brilliant brain waves
that might help us out?

Said it before but how about a Marrow or better still Pumpkin growing
competition, give out the seeds yourself so they all start with the same,
and make a date in, say, September for the grand weigh in (local Pub might
well like to get involved in that!)
Your local school might like to get involved too.
Make prizes for different age groups. Do make sure you have good scales
though which you probably will have to hire, you may get some pumpkins of
400lbs or more.
A "How to grow" sheet would also be a good idea for those who have no idea,
and once they are hooked you have them for the rest of their lives. :-)
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
368 data units completed.