Old 01-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Tim

Default Greenhouse Tomato Recommendations

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:53:23 -0000, "Grinch"
wrote:

snip
What i do at this time of year is to disinfect everything with Jeyes
fluid, the pollytunnel floor, walls and the soil, tools, pots and
canes (everything) .

How long do you have to leave it before planting?

I am not sure Glen, i think the shortest time i've left it before
planting was two weeks, but i usually do it a month before.

Then a week or so before i move the tom plants from the propagator i
dig a 2 spade depth hole for each plant in the PT and mix the soil
back in with half as much pelleted chicken manure.

I must get some of that.

I got mine from B&Q last year:
http://www.diy.com/bq/product/produc...?PRODID=139373

And then the normal stuff like pinching the side shoots out, bottom
stems off when about 4' high,

What does that mean??

Do you mean side shoots? (i dont think you do but) Its not easy to
explain (for me anyway) so i've just Googled this for you :
http://tinyurl.com/2wqkk

The bottom stems i should of maybe called bottom branches.
They usually get damaged and or drag on the ground at some stage,
which could introduce decease into the plant, so its best to take them
off. (when the plant is around 4' high, not the bottom branches :-).

Looks like you have got it sorted

Now you've cursed it for sure! :-)

I found that very interesting - thanks Tim.

No problem

regards
Tim