Old 01-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Janice

Default Freeze Proof Tomato?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:51:57 GMT, Elroy Willis
wrote:

David Hill wrote in rec.gardens

"...........Just put the seeds on a sheet of newspaper they will dry off in
a day or so, then either remove them or leave them and sow them on it
when you are ready.

That approach sounds a lot easier than all the fermenting
and cheesecloth stuff.

yup but you don't get rid of the sprout inhibitor on the seed, nor the
advantage of killing off any disease spores etc. Tomatoes are pretty
stubborn growers though, so you might get them to grow anyway. ;-)

When I saw how all the places were saying to save the seed, I went
Gross! But every place I've seen instructions for saving the seed
have said to do the fermentation process. *sigh*

Janice