Old 01-02-2004, 11:35 PM
jane

Default Allotments and thieves/vandals?

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:38:49 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

~
~"jane" wrote in message ~In article
~
~ I personally have changed all my old, blunt hand-me-down tools for
~ Wolf garten ones - with one long handle, and interchangeable ends
~ which fit in a rucksack. Shopping around and Christmas/birthdays made
~ them a bit cheaper! Also a short handle so I can use said tools while
~ kneeling - very good for onion hoeing! My godfather (allotment holder
~ for many years) told me the folk on his site nearly all have Wolf
~ stuff because you can carry several tools with you from the car park
~ without collapsing.
~
~Excellent range of tools with interchangable heads and handles of different
~lengths so you can get one to fit you. If a couple garden together you can
~each have a handle of your length but use the same heads.
~Good quality too, but I don't know if you can get them in the US.
~See http://www.wolf-garten.com/public_uk/home/index.hbs
~

You can.

The International section of the Wolf website has contacts and an
online retailer for those across the Pond.

Pity they don't do an interchangeable spade and fork too :-) but
somehow I don't think the shafts could stand the pressure...

Bob, you got any of the pronged cultivators? I keep looking at them
and wondering how useful they are...

--
jane

Mark Twain